Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Battle Report - ZvP on Xel'Naga Caverns

I'm going to write another battle report of ZvP but on Xel'Naga Caverns. It was pretty close game with back and forth battles. I hope that you enjoy! :D

I start at the top-right position, and my opponent starts at the bottom-left position.





After a while, I scout an early Forge with early +1 upgrade with my Overlord. Is my opponent going +1 Zealots timing rush?



I build Roach Warren to counter as many Zealots as I can.



Then, I spot a mysterious Pylon in construction around the cliff. What? Cannon rush and Zealots?


What a relentless Probe you are! I'm going to chase you and kill you! D:



As predicted, an early +1 Zealot push comes in, and my Roaches defend my natural expansion well.



Then, I rushed with my Roaches towards his natural expansion, and a wild Void Ray appears.



Somehow, I thought making mass Zerglings was a great idea. But, no! It's very, very bad! He even has +1 upgrade on his Zealots. -.-





So, I just kept making Roaches and some extra Queens to defend another push that consisted of Void Rays and Zealots.



After the battle, my opponent leaves my base with his two live Void Rays.



Then, I tried to break the rock at my gold expansion, but I guess I can't take it now since I don't have good anti-air units yet. So, I built the Hydralisk Den.






This battle is going to be a disgusting one. So many Void Rays! My Queens are annihilated! :(





As you can see my Roaches from the previous picture, I go for a counter attack as my natural expansion is getting destroyed.







My opponent's army composition is still Void Rays and Zealots. I make more Hydralisks and Roaches and hold them off while retaking my natural expansion.





Then, I try to be aggressive with my remaining Roaches and Hydralisks, but this didn't go well.





Now, my opponent is thinking about taking his third expansion, but it quickly gets denied. Then, I take my gold expansion.








When I checked out his third expansion again, my Hydralisks get tons of Psionic Storms. STORMUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! D:





Then, I push again with my Roaches and Hydralisks, and while I was retreating, my Hydralisks get Psionic Storms again. Ouch! Look at their heatlh! :(





I must defend my gold expansion, or I will lose!



But I move my Hydralisks to the backside of my Roaches, micro to accompany the Roaches killing Archons, and then fend off the Void Rays. They are hero Hydralisks! :D



I push towards his third expansion again, but this time, my opponent doesn't have much army but a lot of High Templars. Then, his third Nexus gets destroyed, soon.





GG. The game ends here.



Thank you for reading! :D

2 comments:

  1. This was one intense battle! I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Luis DR, you are the first person ever to comment on my blog! :D I'm glad you liked this battle report! :)

    ReplyDelete