Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My StarCraft 2 Graphics and Hotkeys Settings for Larva Injection

I just wanted to share my settings for SC2 Graphics and Hotkeys. So, here's a screenshot of my SC2 Graphics settings:



I like to play SC2 on low graphics, but I want to see all the physics effects such as tank death animation, colossus death animation, banelings exploding marines (yes, it's very satisfying for me to watch marines dying to banelings! :D), etc. Another reason is that I use a laptop computer to play SC2, and here's its system specs:

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M-430 @ 2.27 GHz
• 8 GB RAM (I upgraded it from 4 GB to 8 GB)
• 64-bit OS using Windows 7
• NVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics Card

It's not the most amazing laptop for gaming, but on low graphics settings I can play without noticeable lag.

Now let's talk about my Hotkeys settings. Here's my reassigned hotkeys:

• Create Control Group 9 = Control + W
• Create Control Group 10 = Control + `
• Select Control Group 9 = W
• Select Control Group 10 = `
• Add to Control Group 9 = Shift + W
• Add to Control Group 10 = Shift + '
• Base Camera = Backspace, Space

The reason for these reassigned hotkeys is mainly for larva injection. I hotkey all my queens to W (of course, this is a famous hotkey for Protoss players, the warp gates! Why doesn't Zerg have a default hotkey for queens? D:), and the Tilda key for the upgrade bulidings like Evolution Chamber, Spire, etc. Speaking of larva injection, I really like to use GoSuViBE's larva injection method where you rebind your hotkey for cycling through your bases to the Space bar and spam V + Space bar + left mouse click. Similarly, I do the following:

• Select all my queens by pushing W with my ring finger
• Push V using my left thumb
• Push the Shift key with my left pinky
• Push the Space bar with my left thumb again
• Push the left mouse button using my right index finger at the center of the screen

If I have an odd number of queens and hatcheries, then I just skip the hatchery without a queen. Or, I can just double tap each hatchery's hotkey number then do larva injection with the corresponding queen. Also, it's a good idea to check the progress bar of each hatchery's larva injection by spamming hatcheries' hotkeyed numbers and looking at the progress bar at the information panel at the bottom of the screen. To demonstrate what I am talking about, I will use the Spawn Larva Tester map to show a video below where I will select all my queens to hotkey them to W, hotkey each hatchery from 1 to 6, use the larva injection method that I talked about earlier, then check each hatchery's larva injection progress bar. Then, I do another round of larva injections.




And of course, you don't have to check the exact number from each progress bar; I just did it for the demonstration purpose. Hopefully I helped some Zerg players out there to make their larva injection easier! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment